Us here at Cupcake Times have come up with some "fool proof" tips to help you achieve cupcake perfection every time you bake!
- Don’t Over Mix Your Batter: Once you have your sugar and butter creamed, mix the rest of the ingredients on the lowest speed possible and try to do it for as short of a time as possible. This will keep the air bubbles intact and the result will be a nice fluffy crumb
- Under-bake: Always try to under-bake your cakes and cupcakes, they will continue to bake in the pan as they cool. Taking your cupcakes out of the oven a little bit under-baked will result in perfectly moist and not dry cupcakes. Room Temperature: To create the perfect batter, insure all of your ingredients are room temperature before you start! This will make sure that your dry ingredients are perfectly and thoroughly mixed within the batter.
- Use Quality Butter: You want to use the best butter because butter does in fact have a taste. And most deserts require some sort of butter, so you the best you can find and you should notice a better cupcake flavor in the end.
- NEVER REFRIGERATE: You may think just popping your cupcakes into the fridge will keep them fresh but freezing them is actually the best and ONLY option you should use for preserving your cupcakes. The refrigerator speeds up the “drying out” process so your best bet is to freeze them and lock in the freshness.
- Sift: Sifting your dry ingredients insures that all of it is incorporated into the batter and your finished product is light and airy.
- Use an Ice-cream Scoop: Most bakers swear by using one to insure all of the cupcakes are the same size and bake in the oven evenly.
- Last but not least, PRACTICE. Practice makes progress, and just like all of the other famous bakers out there they have a ton of practice and with our other tips you should be ready to open your bakery in no time!